Civil Reporting

Obtaining a Protective/Restraining Order

A survivor may choose to request a restraining order. This is an order that protects those who have experienced or are reasonably in fear of violence, sexual assault, stalking or threats of violence. Contact the CARE Advocate or call the Cooperative Restraining Order Clinic at 415-255-0165 for free and confidential assistance.

Filing a Civil Suit

Whether or not criminal charges have been filed, a survivor may choose to file a civil suit. A civil suit presents an opportunity to recover actual damages such as compensation for medical expenses, lost wages or property damage. Contact the CARE Advocate for free and confidential assistance with this process.

State and Federal Discrimination Reporting Options